We are looking for a rock-star Software Engineer to join us and help build the next generation analytics platform. This position requires very strong hands-on experience with Java, J2EE, Web Services and development utilizing open source technologies. If you want to build a traditional J2EE app, then this is not the place for you, but if you are willing to leverage your skills, think outside the box and come up with creative solutions to thorny problems then this is the place for you. We are strong believers in working fast, smart and keeping things simple. If this sounds like a fun and challenging opportunity, then we want to talk to you.
The position is located in Reston, VA. Excellent communication skills are required.
- Proven Technical, Design, and Development skills.
- 2-5 years of proven object-oriented Software Design and Development experience in Java-based technologies.
- 2-5 years of proven Software Development experience with open source technologies.
- 2+ years of proven experience with such technologies as web services, XML / XSLT, Struts, log4j, ANT/Maven, Spring, Hibernate and Junit.
- Experience using and deploying to industry-leading application servers such as Tomcat or Jboss Application Server.
- Previous experience with data mining, data acquisition and/or handling large data sets.
- Must be comfortable working in a Unix environment.
- Experience with iterative software development methodologies, such as Agile.
- Previous experience integrating with one or more of social sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, FourSquare etc. is a plus.
- Working knowledge of ETL tools such as Pentaho is a plus.
- Exposure to SOLR/Lucene, Nutch and Hadoop is a plus.
- Knowledge of the data privacy and protection policies and mandates a strong plus.
- Willing to work in an energetic, fast-paced, and team-oriented environment.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelorís Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.